Metal to Metal, or Metal with ability to Cutaway from Stage Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MechDiver once bubbled...
I have my argon bottle attached to my doubles and singles using a Pony Tamer.
~~~~~
and I CAN reach back, pull the pin, and remove the bottle using one hand.
~~~~~
That cannot be done with the so-called "cutaway" straps. At least not by yourself.
If you are talking about an argon tank mounting... I can remove mine by myself with one hand and there are no metal to metal connections... in fact there are no metal connections at all.

Duncan... your needs are perhaps different with the caving you do... however isn't it possible for line to become trapped in the *suicide clips*?

For the thread... I prefer cutaway deco bottle rigging for the reasons already addressed by others.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

If you are talking about an argon tank mounting... I can remove mine by myself with one hand and there are no metal to metal connections... in fact there are no metal connections at all.

If I remember correctly, you are using Andrew's system with the loop and bungee off the bp? I have my single bp system setup like that, but don't really like it.

I was talking about the double straps with cams that you could supposedly cut through.

MD

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
[Duncan... your needs are perhaps different with the caving you do... however isn't it possible for line to become trapped in the *suicide clips*?
[/B]

We use 4-7 mm polypropylene cord for dive line. Sometimes even climbing rope. Our stuff has to last and be able to be followed in zero-viz with gloves on.

It is possible to trap the line - it is also possible to remove it again (or cut your way out).

Duncan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom