Metal detecting in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rboyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone done this either beach or UW?? Was just wondering what machine you used and if you found much or if there is crazy laws there against it. I'm going to go down for 2 weeks in Jan and was wondeing if it's worth takeing my Tesoro TigerShark with me I know its not the best salt machine but I have got some great tips on usedin it in the saltwater.....Thanks in advance!
Roy

Monty at Coconut Tree divers has a metal detector, tho I think its not working now. Hes used it on a few occasions, but never found anything valuable. I actually found more just swimming in the bay in West End, where we train. Probably have better luck trying the beach in West Bay, where the higher dollar resorts are. Not sure what the laws are, you could try to ask Monty, he might know more. Also, there are reports of pirate wrecks near Jonesville (I think, maybe port royal?), but I dont think theyve been explored, and I dont know anyone who knows the locations, and I dont think any charters dive that area. Marco at CTD might know more, I heard him mention something about it. I imagine these would come under different laws than just beach combing, but it is Honduras, as corrupt a country as you could ever wish for, so who knows. A bribe in the right hands will get you whatever you want or get you out of any trouble you may get into. Good luck, hope this helps a bit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom