Merida Cavern Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toadie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all,

I've recently moved to Merida and have switched to side mount. I'm an experienced open water diver but am starting to get into cenotes and caverns with caves being the end goal. Is there anyone here from Merida? Local dive groups? Or do you recall some good cavern dives?

Right now I'm just building up my experience on this end of the spectrum.

Thanks

V

Hi, I did only snorkeling in 3 Cenotes in Merida :

DZONBAKAL
X BATUN
XLACAH into the DZIBILCHALTUN park

You can search in Youtube videos about scuba diving in those Cenotes, though in XLACAH the clerk in the entrance didn't allowed us to use fins in the cenote.

we also did some splashs in Cenote Ik-Kil but it's too dark and I don't know if it's open to scuba dive.

ah, I totally didn't even think about you tube. Thanks

It's a few hours away, but you might consider contacting Nat at underthejungle.com, an excellent cave diving shop near Puerto Aventuras. Nat is a truly excellent sidemount and cave instructor, and the whole shop is kind of a hub for cave and cavern diving in that area. She might have some good ideas for you and she can help introduce you to other divers. Plus if you are looking for training that shop is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom