Menorca Diving Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andi30

Reaction score
Hello,

My fiance and I are going to Menorca/Mallorca and Barcelona for our honeymoon coming up in June. We plan to do some diving, particularly in Menorca. Any recommendations/advice? I didn't find a whole lot of information when I searched the forum...

Thanks!
Andi

Both those are fairly renound for caves/caverns.

Sea wise its standard med but the better side of the med - more in the way of big fish.

Usual barracuda, grouper, bream etc. No coral.

Salgar Diving and Dive Cala Blanca are worth talking to. I know Cala Blanca dont open up before April though

Hi there Andi, Only just joined SCUBABOARD so hope this information not too late...
WWW.BLUEWATERSCUBA.CO.UK are based in Cala'n Bosch on the south western tip of the island. Take a look at their website. Gives loads of information about diving and dive sites. Plenty of caverns to explore. Every dive an Adventure. Definitely a professional outfit. Look forward to seeing you!

You'd do well to visit different parts of the island for different dives:
Ciutadella (Menorca Tech) for Pont en Gil or Malakoff wreck
Fornells (Buceo Aventura) for the marine reserve

IMO the best diving is in the north, but the wind can blow and it's easy to get cancelled, so use the southern sites as a backup.
There's loads of dive centres. Many do only shore diving, because of the complications with Spanish boat driving permits.

But the best dives are from boats. There's no real "caves", but lots of "caverns" - if the difference is important to you...

When Kirstin says 'they' she really means 'WE' as its her diving school.
Great location in Bosch and friendly enough people.

Salgar Diving and Dive Cala Blanca are worth talking to. I know Cala Blanca dont open up before April though
I know that Dive Cala Blanca are opening for the winter this year. They are opeing up again in December and will also put you up for the week (at a cost of course). Ive just been out there diving with Steve and it was great and he was a great laugh to dive with.

I dived all round cala blanca and there are some great caves, halocline, octopus, baracuda etc.

Back
Top Bottom