Memory sticks for DSC-P10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetwrench

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was looking at the MSX-256 or 512 pro series to use in my DSC-P10. The description does not say wether or not they are good for still images, only moving shots. Also, a search on the web showed both a MSX-512 and a MSX512 with the same difference in the 256 with different prices for each. Can any Sony users out there tell me if the part# makes a difference and will any or all work with still mode. I want to increase my memory, but want to be sure I order the right one. Thanks for any help.

Those will work fine, memory is memory, it does not decide what gets stored on it. That camera will use the MSX 512 sticks also. I would imagine MSX512 is the same as MSX 512, there are other manufacturers of these memory sticks other than Sony. Any one should work fine.

I thinks what confused you is the description talks about how fast the stick is for video shooting. They will still work for stills.

Thanks Cecil. I figured as much, but wanted to be sure. I found a good price for the 512 but had to make sure before I ordered it. I see you are in NH. Next time you find yourself heading for VT, let me know and we could set up a dive. Dive Safe!

Back
Top Bottom