Memory Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65

Contributor
Reaction score
:huh: My digital camera takes the compact flash memory cards...now I was looking to purchase a new 1 GB for my trip to Belize..what is the difference between just a regular one...to a I, II, or III? any help would be great thanks.

A II has faster read / write times than a I. A III is faster than a II, etc. Not knowing the write time of your camera, there is a limit...so a II may be faster than a I in your camera, but a III may not write any faster than the II because of your camera's limitations. When it comes to downloading your card, the III will be the fastest (as long as you copy direct from the card and not an USB cable). You have to weigh out if that is worth the extra $$$. When I download, I start the operation then go do something else so read time is not important to me.

HTH,
Dave

thanks for that info.

dbh:
When it comes to downloading your card, the III will be the fastest (as long as you copy direct from the card and not an USB cable). You have to weigh out if that is worth the extra $$$. When I download, I start the operation then go do something else so read time is not important to me.

HTH,
Dave

I presume you mean a USB cable to the camera? The card reader I use is a USB 2.0 reader which is pretty quick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom