Memorial Service for Kristina Weese-Gomez

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannobee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just got an email from Kristina's parents. Of course, I'll be there!

Dear Friends,

Some of you may not be aware that our Daughter Kristina was involved in a scuba diving accident in Monterey and did not survive. She was given the best of care by her dive partners, the Coast Guard, and all the Doctors at the ICU ward at the Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula. She was a very experienced diver with over 200 dives to her credit and had recently earned her "Rescue Diver" certification. Diving was her passion and she said that life without diving is no life at all.

We are having a memorial service for Kristina at:

Holy Spirit Church
1200 Redmond Ave.
San Jose, Ca. 95120

Date: May 5, 2011
Time: 4 PM

There will be a blessing by the Priest and an opportunity for all to speak and say goodbye to Kris.
She would not want this to be a somber event but more a celebration of her life.
We will all remember her in our own way, so attend if you wish.

Best regards,

Paul and Susan

May she forever live in the hearts and memories of all who had the priveledge to know her. I would go however I am thousands of miles away :(

Wish I could come but I am bit far :(

I can't make it, but will be there in spirit. Saturday will be my day to celebrate her life with friends, whether we dive or not. See you Saturday Dan.

I will be there in spirit & heart. It was good to see you today, Dan, I just wish it was under better circumstances. Incredible! You know you are all family to me, and I love you very much!! I cannot say that enough about our diving community!!

I just got an email from Kristina's parents. Of course, I'll be there!

Dear Friends,

Date: May 5, 2011
Time: 4 PM

There will be a blessing by the Priest and an opportunity for all to speak and say goodbye to Kris.
She would not want this to be a somber event but more a celebration of her life.
We will all remember her in our own way, so attend if you wish.

Best regards,

Paul and Susan
Dear Paul and Susan,

I am so sorry for your unspeakable loss. I met Kris only once a few months ago but was taken with her kindness and cheer. She insisted on driving me a short distance so I would not be walking around in my dive suit. She was well loved and respected in our dive community.

I will be in Boston at the time of the memorial, but my thoughts will be with you.

With sympathy,
Barbara

Is anyone from the Monterey Bay area planning to attend Kristina's memorial service? I would like to carpool...

Paula

Nothing and no one can stop me from being there, if I have to I will ride my Crotch Rocket all of the way there, I will be there and thank you for posting the Place and Time!!

I won't be able to attend her memorial May 5th, and that is why I was glad to make it to the unofficial SB memorial. It was a great way to remember Kristina.

Please remember she left behind the biggest LOVE in her life, her son Tommy. She was a very proud mom, and her son was the center of her world. He was the only reason she would miss a day of diving, since he came first in her life. Those that hung out with Kristina often heard her talk about him. He is a good kid and a smart one to boot. We have gone camping with him and were all laughing together around the campfire together. All of us can give him a helping hand in furthering his education by donating to his fund. Everything sent will be for Tommy's education exclusively. If you are attending the memorial there should be a way to continue the collection for him, but I am not aware of what the plans are there.

The Thomas P. Gomez Education Trust
P. O. Box 1687
Cupertino, CA 95015-2729

Thanks to all for supporting Kristina in her passing, and for helping her son Tommy in his journey thru life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom