Does PADI Specialty Instructor need yearly renewal?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all!

I have a pretty weird question. For the PADI Specialty Instructor certification, is it supposed to appear on our PADI membership page? Also, do we need to renew this each year as well? i.e. Nitrox instructor, do you need to renew this to be able to teach?

Thanks!! I'm a newbie Instructor and am slightly confused about PADI admin, I appreciate all the help I can get! :)

All of your individual teaching credentials are included in your annual membership renewal, they are not renewed individually, nor is their an additional charge per credential. You are simply renewing your membership, which is required for authorization to teach.

EFR used to be separate. I’m not sure if that is still possible to separate out, as it is just included in my annual auto renewal.

Hello all!

I have a pretty weird question. For the PADI Specialty Instructor certification, is it supposed to appear on our PADI membership page? Also, do we need to renew this each year as well? i.e. Nitrox instructor, do you need to renew this to be able to teach?

Thanks!! I'm a newbie Instructor and am slightly confused about PADI admin, I appreciate all the help I can get! :)
Also, not sure what you mean by Membership page. The PADI Pro Check page does not list specialty credentials, just teaching status and I think membership level. For a list of credentials you need to sign in to your own account.

Specialty Instructor ratings incur a one-time application fee. Once this is paid, then there is no increase to your usual yearly membership fees.

To see the list of your ratings, sign in to the PADI Pros' website, click on My Account, then scroll down and click where it says ''My Professional Member Ratings'.

Specialties are not listed under 'Verify My Status'.

Back
Top Bottom