Member search problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero

Will be missed
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
On two different browsers at two different times I've been unable to perform a search for usernames. I go to the search page, put the information in, get a list of suggestions, click the correct one, and repeatedly get a message saying "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

So I've tried doing partial-name searches, and while I get a list of members, the specific members I've been searching for have not been listed. I can get to their profile pages another way, but it's cumbersome, and anyway the search function should work.

Howarde:

Could this be an artifact of the upgrade that will be resolved once the new V-B is in place?

Edit: At my request, another member on a different network in another part of the world has tried to find the same two users I searched for and was also unsuccessful.

One of these two members is a new joiner (registered about a week ago) and has only a few posts, and the other one has been registered for years but has never posted. Could it be related to post count?

Last edited:
Member search doesn't show members with less than 5 posts.

Well, whaddya know! I guess in all these years I've never tried to search for a member with fewer than 5 posts! Thanks for clarifying that.

Just as a data point, I've noticed something similar in the past. I got around it too, in my case by finding a thread the person(s) had posted in and clicking on their user name. I think it happened two or three times, and I double-checked that I had the name right.

As you say, maybe it will correct itself in the update.

It's simply because members with less than 5 posts are excluded from the member search. The upgrade will not "cure" this, as it's not a problem, its by design.

Ah, okay, thanks for the info. In my case I don't remember if they were new/less-than-five-posts members or not. Next time it happens I'll take note.

Well, whaddya know! I guess in all these years I've never tried to search for a member with fewer than 5 posts! Thanks for clarifying that.

Banned members don't show up in a username search either. The way I get around it is I click on my profile and it gives the following link http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/cave+diver.html

Then I change my username in the link to the name I want to search for and it pulls up their profile. Note that if there is a space in the name you have to add the + sign.

Back
Top Bottom