Member directory question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mksmith713

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Can anyone tell me why women members have their profiles in red in the directorry?
My wife was looking into the member directory and saw all the names in red and now she swears I'm off sleeping woth all of these women.
She says the red means they are on my chat list or something.
Can someone please clear this up for me.
I'm sick of the bullsh_t that she's giving me over this.

Thanks.

Supporting Members are 'red'. We don't differentiate between males and females, in fact you don't have to state which gender you are.

Go RED

Wonder what she thinks of me being 'green'?? :wink:

Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem. not that my wife differentiates the names of users by color or anything. Just the fact that I participate in an online web community is enough for sarcastic comments like "what are you chatting with your scuba girlfriend" or something similar, I just laugh.:wink:

Most of my buddies are guys. I was at a cocktail party with some of them and we were talking with my husband standing next to me. My cell phone rang, and one of my buddies said to my husband, "Who the hell is calling her? We're all here!"

[Administrator][Advertiser representative][Advisor][Chairman][DAN Staff][DIR Group Leader][Dive Squad][Intermedia Designer][Medical Moderator][Moderator][Supporter][(Business) Sponsor]

Showing your colours is optional. We have lots of Supporters who do not appear to be red by choice.

Also, we do not have a chatlist. We do have a buddylist though: ScubaBoard - Buddy / Ignore Lists.

Wow your wife sounds crazy.

Wow this thread has reminded me not to take my partner for granted, it is easy to do sometimes after many years... He never makes any comments or seems upset about the fact I disappear most weekends diving with (mostly) men, let alone red people on a net forum. :p I would hate to be under such suspicion.

Hope she gets over stuff like this for you mksmith, must be hard :(

Wow this thread has reminded me not to take my partner for granted, it is easy to do sometimes after many years... He never makes any comments or seems upset about the fact I disappear most weekends diving with (mostly) men, let alone red people on a net forum.
No relationship can ever be taken for granted but that's a topic best discussed elsewhere on :sblogo:, not in Site Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom