Melbourne area in June.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlyKY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!
My daughter and I will be coming to the Melbourne area in June and would like to do a few dives. She’s 16 and has done just under 20 dives. Can anyone suggest any great sites and/or dive shops that target both experienced and inexperienced divers that’s in close proximity to Melbourne?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Katy

What he said - I'm in Cocoa Beach, and while there is diving, you're not going out to sight-see. Hunting only up here until you get south to around Stewart where there's some good shore diving. If I'm doing a boat dive to see pretty things, I'd start at Jupiter (Jupiter Dive Center) or go a bit farther south to West Palm and there's lots of good ops (Florida Scuba Charters, Narcosis, Abernathy's). For her skill level, I'd probably pick JDC or even go to the Blue Heron Bridge (Phil Foster Park) and shore dive the high tide - you likely to see just as much at the bridge if not more in species count.

Thank you both for your replies. You’ve given me a good starting point. She’s 16 and only been certified 2 years. I really just want her in the water diving more than anything. Pretty scenery is a bonus!

Hello!
My daughter and I will be coming to the Melbourne area in June and would like to do a few dives. She’s 16 and has done just under 20 dives. Can anyone suggest any great sites and/or dive shops that target both experienced and inexperienced divers that’s in close proximity to Melbourne?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Katy
I am from Palm Bay next town I am open for diving on week ends Saturday manly . Jupiter has many charters .I like "Scuba Works " boat .More info e-mail me scubadmike@gmail.com

I am from Palm Bay next town I am open for diving on week ends Saturday manly . Jupiter has many charters .I like "Scuba Works " boat .More info e-mail me scubadmike@gmail.com

I like Scuba Works too. I went with them in Aug 2017 & Oct 2018 (last month). Here is a video clip of the last trip (saw Goliath Groupers, Reef Sharks, Lemon Sharks, Nurse Shark, Scorpionfish & the usual suspects).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom