Mel Fisher Atocha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just after any reviews/opinions from anyone who has been on a mel fisher dive tour/trip. Coming from Australia in May 2018. Is it a worthwhile investment?

I can give you one better. Carl Fismer is one of the real deal treasure hunters. He was part of Mel Fishers operation. Mel is long gone but Carl (a.k.a. "Fizz) is very much kicking! check out SCUBA WIZE, Sunken Treasure Workshop. Islamorada, Florida. USA
several of my dive club members have taken part in their treasure workshops and absolutely loved it.

Just after any reviews/opinions from anyone who has been on a mel fisher dive tour/trip. Coming from Australia in May 2018. Is it a worthwhile investment?
I was an investor for a couple of years having had the romance of diving for treasure in my blood. Don't go if you think you'll strike it rich, go for the passion of it and to have the experience of diving and searching with treasure professionals. Also, you are not guaranteed to get out to the wreck sites due to weather. During my week package there we never made it out. The Fishers took care of us however with goodie artifact packages to take home. From an investment standpoint I cannot recommend it. From an adventure standpoint I can.

I was a VERY YOUNG newbie diver in the late 70s worked for fisher in the 70s for a summer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom