Megalodon teeth advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rleslie

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I will be in Florida in February. I want to dive for fossilized shark teeth. Can anyone recommend a good dive shop to dive with. Any location in south Florida will work.

Roger

Last edited:
Any location in Florida may not have fossils and teeth. Venice Florida does. I dive Aristakat Charters in Venice. They may not have a lot of rental gear, but can tell you where to get it.

Link to Capt. Jamie and the boat:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=396375247

The Fossilbabe is the queen of all fossil-ers and dives on that boat, too.

Last edited:
I just returned from Venice and dove with Florida West Scuba. I found teeth on every dive and came home with two that were over 4" and over 20 that were over 1". Capt. Steve of Florida west runs a great operation. I would highly reccomend them.

I'll second Florida West.
Great shop
A 2 tank trip is $69 w/ tanks and weights.
Boat is at the shop.
Everything you might need is there.
No need to run around to meet boat here and get gear some place else.

Florida West Scuba School

got this Friday 11/28

Attachments

• teeth112808.JPG
    teeth112808.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 158
you can go off the beaches in Venice also about 200 yards, and find teeth. The boats however, take you out to about 30 feet of water where the boneyard is and you are pretty much guarunteed to find teeth.

HO iw the diving this time of year in Venice? Vis? Temp? Etc...

water temp is around 59- 62 vis is only about 2-5 ft at best but in another few weeks things really start to turn around, early spring is usually best vis, when temps start to get into upper 60's
low 70's. Check out Aristakat Charters, Capt. Jamie @ 941 321 0852

Book your trips early they do fill up fast, and for the last minute guy, call the day before in case there is an opening.

Back
Top Bottom