Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to look at combat breathing. While I wouldn't advocate holding your breath underwater, I do a modified version diving. It is pretty much all I'm doing when I'm teaching... On the surface I credit it for taking me out of AFib, and underwater it will improve your sac/rmv.

IMO, it is just the act of being aware of what you're body is doing and exercising control over yourself that has the most impact. Ymmv.
Have not heard of combat breathing...will have a look.

I've gotten to the point that if I'm not in trim it drives me nuts. I've actually stopped and rearranged weights underwater to get my trim back to being natural.

Turn when moving actively is being streamlined in the direction of movement, like a dolphin. But trim when drifting slowly, think jellyfish.

I have long been referring to my dives as my Zen moment when I come back relaxed and refreshed. My wife sure notices the difference!

I'm very relaxed on most dives. One time I fell asleep at 20 feet on a flat sand bottom and woke up 20 minutes later when someone shook my shoulder to see if I was recently deceased.
:)

I used to sleep on a certain rocky shelf while doing deco stop, but cut the habit cause there was always freaking out :wink:

Though, I relapsed last July, while doing my mCCR training. It was quite an intense week, so one day, after I had done my chores, I just dozed off while the others guys were practising. The instructor has known me for some years and was quite amused. :D

I can't give any explanations about the whys but it's clear : diving is my therapy, it helps me to blow off steam. When I can't get zen on a dive, something's clearly very wrong with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom