Medical Oxygen in Bonaire ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcg69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Forum,

I'm organizing a trip of several divers to Bonaire.
I was thinking to make available on shore an Emergency Oxygen kit for the group.
Unfortunately I can't bring my DAN suitcase on the plane unless I empty the Oxygen tank.

Are you aware of any dive shop who would rent the Emergency Oxygen kit ?
Or, do you know where to get Medical Oxygen fills on the island ?

Cheers,
Carmelo

Where are you planning to keep this while you are diving?

Expect it go be missing if you leave it in your truck.

Lock it in your truck, expect a boken window and kit stolen.

Leave nothing of value in the truck while you dive.

Where are you planning to keep this while you are diving?

Expect it go be missing if you leave it in your truck.

Lock it in your truck, expect a boken window and kit stolen.

Leave nothing of value in the truck while you dive.

I can't speak for the OP, but I suppose a dive trip this well organized might involve a non-diver staying with the truck.

In my opinion, the most valuable safety gear item for Bonaire would be a mobile phone. If no one is staying with the truck, a phone can be carried during the dive in a waterproof canister. Bonaire is a small island, and since everyone is there to dive, I would like to believe emergency medical personnel could arrive with oxygen quickly enough when called from all but the most remote dive sites.

Buddy dive has a Tek dept. Im pretty sure they would be able to provide you oxygen.

Ps. Broken window? I never lock my car while diving and don.t leave anything in the car.

Hi all,

thanks for your replies so far.
Indeed, the idea is to have a non-diver on shore for emergencies and logistics support.
Good tip to check with Buddy dive for Oxygen as they cater Tec divers ... thanks Paul!

Hi all,

thanks for your replies so far.
Indeed, the idea is to have a non-diver on shore for emergencies and logistics support.
Good tip to check with Buddy dive for Oxygen as they cater Tec divers ... thanks Paul!

I asked my friend Mr. German he is head of the Tec at Buddy, and indeed they do fill O2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom