Measures to take before you lose your Go Pro!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I thought I would post this to remind everyone who is diving with their Go Pro, and who has not thought of the following to be sure to at least take some easy steps to protect their investment.

One of the first things you should do is write your name and phone number on the bottom of the camera. You will have to get a silver sharpie for that. There are many popular dive spots where plenty of honest people go to them. Chances are that if they find it they will see your info and do the right thing and call you.

Second is more of a security measure but is also important. You Should always have some type of tether or leash on your valuable gear, especially your camera. I learned this the hard way by losing a camera pole, Go Pro camera, and one archon11 on one very expensive dive. I did not have the pole leashed to me and was only relying on the wrist lanyard. I needed to use both hands so I clipped the wrist lanyard to my D ring and that is when I believed I lost the pole. The best thing would have been to have this pole on a leash the whole time.

Hopefully some of you already do something similar to this and if not I hope this alerted some of you to do it.
Better to be safe than sorry!!!

Avoid the gopro headmounts. I've recovered... and returned :wink: two go pros.
Leash is an A+ idea.

Avoid the gopro headmounts. I've recovered... and returned :wink: two go pros.
Leash is an A+ idea.
I assume those folks had their names and numbers on the camera? In any case, you are an example of a good Samaritan !

I went with a retractable coil laynard it's attached to the arm on the tray that the gorpro is attached to. No lost cameras yet but it can click into the bcd so it's nice and tight. 30 bucks for a layard is abit steep but loseing the camera lights, tray ect is allot more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom