MCD looking for ESDPSC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steveann

Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is a recurring thread, and I have read over the other posts and have some general idea of what I'm looking for, but I am having trouble turning my meager knowledge in to practical application.

I am looking for an Easy, Small, Dependable, Point and Shoot Camera. I have heard good things about the Fuji F10, the Olympus A series?, and a couple of others.
My requirements are this, I would like to find a camera I can bring diving, vice a dive to bring my camera on. I would prefer digital, manual white balance adjust, decent definition (figure on making 5x7 pics, maybe the occasional (rare) 8x10 at the most.)
compact, easy to use. It will be used for "fun" pics on everything from the wrecks of the NY/NJ coast to the reefs of the Carribean. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most grateful.

Also, if anyone knows where the heck I could put my hands on one of these buggers in real life, or even to look at them on the internet (feels kinda like looking for a mail order bride, but I'm desperate). So far, I have had no luck finding any good information on the net, and the only UW cameras I have put my hands on are my local LDS owners personal setups (A70 and some older films) and another LDS' Sea and Sea models (all film). Any suggestions on this part would be awesome, also.

You should also look at a Canon A620, the local Best Buy/Circuit City should have some in stock. Here's a review of the camera, http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona620/.

You will not go wrong with either a Fuji, Olympus or Canon, as long as you make sure you buy one with a manufacturer's UW housing.

Depending on money I actually really like my Sanyo VPC-C5 (although I'd recommend the VPC-C6 since it has better low-light ability)

Is it an excellent camera, no, is it an excellent video camera, no, does it do a reasonable job of both, yes.

I LOVE being able to take decent quality video, or photos whenever I choose (with just the one camera) it's a nice small size, everything is recorded onto SD cards (no more messing around with tapes) the only real issue I have is the battery life isn't so great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom