Mayan Air from Cozumel.. help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am in COZ now and am thinking of taking Mayan Air back to Cancun... My question is, how far in advance do I need to be at the airport for the flight?
Usually i am at an airport two hours in advance, but is this also true for the puddle jumper?
Thanks for any advice.
We have a 1:57pm flight out of Cancun.
The set up at PDC has changed from when I was here last. The guys with the bikes were no where in site and the idea of pulling everything uphill on the way back is not too enticing. is the ADO even still in the same place?
thanks for any advice!
Jackie

HA! You would be lucky if they open the check in line 30 minutes before the flight. No rush. I have watched people walk in 5 minutes or less before we boarded.

The bus station is in the same spot it has been for the time I have been coming through. And there are usually tricycle guys around. The old line and wait for the ferry area is being rebuilt.

Y'know, the old ferry pier was just about the only thing about Playa del Carmen that I'd preferred to Cozumel. The new one will likely be every bit as characterless and inconvenient as the one on the island.

Y'know, the old ferry pier was just about the only thing about Playa del Carmen that I'd preferred to Cozumel. The new one will likely be every bit as characterless and inconvenient as the one on the island.

"No, you can't get you bag right here. You need to go over and stand that shiny new corral and watch all the bags come off the ferry one by one onto the crappy cart. With luck it will roll over the bumps and you can watch us unload the bags one at a time onto this fancy new conveyer belt. It is a so much more modern and efficient."

On my last ferry ride a few weeks ago mine was for some reason one of the very few bags that got checked on my boat.

When we got to the island it was sitting along with a handful of others on the boat side of the glass partition, so I trotted over to grab it. A helpful man raced over to forbid me to do that. I had to go to the other side of the partition and wait while someone sauntered from the boat (after apparently having taken a siesta after the rest of us disembarked), piled the bags that were already sitting right there on the cart, pushed it a couple of meters to the end, took them all off, and placed them on the conveyor so I could finally pick up my bag and leave.

At least I was surrounded by cold, unnecessarily angular concrete with a mysterious upper storey for boats that aren't that tall, instead of a warm wooden structure topped by a palapa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom