Maya Port to Oslob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russ_UK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have had a quote for 7500php for a private transfer to get to Oslob from Maya Port. Does anyone know how much this journey would cost in a taxi - & any taxi firm you can recommend so I could book in advance ?
I am not too keen on using the buses as there are just 2 of us travelling & both will have @ 30kg luggage, but we might have to consider the buses as an alternative option.
Going in Feb next year :)

I used Danny Noy a couple of times. I found him trough Tripadvisor. It was 3000 or 3500PHP for a day trip from Cebu to Oslob and back with a stop at a waterfall on the way back. I texted him while in Phils, a couple of days ahead. I actually never met him, he sent a driver with an SUV. I paid the driver the agreed price.

The bus is from Maya to Cebu and then from Cebu to Oslob, I think there is a bus change to make. The trip is not really short. From Maya to Cebu is about 6 hours. From Cebu to Oslob I would say about 3 or 4 hours. Buses are good, depends also on which ones you take, but the good lines are relatively comfortable and they have aircon. The trip should be relatively easy also by bus, provided you take the bus in Maya, arrive at Cebu central bus station and then again from the same station you take another bus.
In the bus stations be careful, no big risks and very likely you will find other Americans or Europeans but do not trust all the people you will meet and beware of the pickpocketers. Same applies to taxi and minivan drivers, in Maya not all of them have a regular licence and not all of them can be trusted. If you get a contact from people you know, it's better.
If your plan is to watch the whale sharks in Oslob it would be a good idea to sleep in Oslob and take the very first boat at 6 am early in the morning, to avoid the other boat trips that could be overcrowded

Back
Top Bottom