May Dive reports.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonyc

Contributor
Reaction score
OK looks like our new forum needs some help, I'll start.
(C'mon AZ scubaboarders... I know your out there)

Sunday May 16th Lake PLeasant, Vista point.

My wife and I did 2 dives, didn't make it out till 10:30 for our first dive (after working 60 hours last week I just couldn't get up any earlier). We arrived at Vista point to find a ton of topsiders all taking turns on the 3-4 jetski's circling over our planned spot. Instead, we dove out to the right of the rock wall. Topside it was probably 100 degrees so we decided to wear 3mm suits/ hood and gloves. Water temp dropped to 63 suunto degrees right aroung 35 foot. COLD!!! Saw a few bass, catfish and a couple of large fish that resembled carp.
Vis on our first dive was 15 foot, but the second was only about 5 foot. Best to come during the week I guess. Sounded like there was a nascar race going on with all the boats in the near by vicinity.

dive #1 5/16 10:36 Max depth: 46 ft. bt 33 min
63deg. below thermocline. about 71 above.
dive #2 12:16 Max depth 44ft. bt 30 min.
64deg below thermocline.

(Sounded like there was a nascar race going on with all the boats in the near by vicinity. )

I was going to dive that weekend too but found out there was a big bass tournament. May be why there were so many boats.

Did dive there the weekend before though and found pretty good vis, 15'+ in a couple areas off the end of Desert Tortoise rd. Did drop to 15" or less below the 55' thermal cline. Lot's of bass too. In shallow, 5-10' on west facing shores.

CB

Planning on doing some training dives in Pleasant within the next couple of weeks....can you tell me where vista point is located? We usually go in at Dirty Shirt but always looking for something different.

Thanks,
Kaz

I like going to the end of Desert Tortoise Rd. It's kind of nice to go out and do any skills that need to be done on the roadbed. Doesn’t silt up and students feel comfortable. Then you can drop off the edge of the road for tours. I try to dive around one of the islands there and have students keep an eye on the compass as you go around. You can also hit 50 + feet pretty easy and if you don't mind limited visibility 60 to 70 is pretty easy too.

The area is at the back of a no wake zone. If you get a couple of dive flags out, you won't see to much boat traffic. Maybe a few jet skis though.

I'm kind of the opposite of you. I have not been to Dirty Shirt and probably have at least a hundred dives or better at Desert Tortoise. But I will make it there in the next couple of weeks.

CB

Back
Top Bottom