May Be Visiting Soon, In Need Of Buddy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlmightyApkallu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello SoCal divers. I currently reside in Phoenix, AZ just across the desert from you folks so in close range of SoCal. I recently became certified. Me and my better half took the course together but due to the 51 degree water temps out at Lake Pleasant she was having a bit of trouble and wanted to wait till the water warms up a bit to finish her open water skills. Well, it will probably be another couple of months before the desert lakes warm up and I don't want to get out of practice. I would love to gain some experience and confidence for the time being.

As stated, I'm a total noob just certified, but I'm not a total idiot. I was hoping to do some real easy mode, noob friendly shore diving. Maybe Shaw's Cove or something of the like. I grew up and spent most of my life in Southern California and did a lot of surfing, so I am familiar with the waters but I know Scuba is a whole new animal.

I'm not sure when I would be coming along but it would probably be on a weekend. My dates are fairly flexible. I would probably drive out on a Friday and hope to dive on Saturday. I would be bringing my own equipment but might need extra tanks or air fills (again I'm still learning). I was hoping some one might like to buddy up and show me an easy shore dive.

Not sure if anyone would be up for this but just figured I would check beforehand. I'm really itching to get back in the water!

Thank you :)

The ocean here's been a bit rough this winter, so don't get disappointed if offers don't pop up immediately. Somehow everything goes to pot on Friday and clears back up on Monday, so I've been waiting 6 months to get back in.

Yeah, I've heard El Nino has been very unkind to California this year. Heard some of the kelp beds have even been ripped up and there have been lots of rough seas and high surf. Damn shame! Think it will clear up anytime soon?

Hey, Randy. That sounds awesome, I'd very much be down for that all things permitting. It shouldn't be a problem as far as I know. I'll save the date in my calendar and contact you here and through E-mail :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom