May 2019 roll call ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windy.com shows the end of May/start of June looking pretty rough. Seems to be my luck for late May trips.

View attachment 520983

Actually - that looks wonderful and normal!

NOt sure why you think it looks rough - don't assume because you see some red on there it's bad. Now if that red was from the north, NW, west or SW I'd be watching it, but that gives me no concern - waves on the east side should be great for surfers though!

We watch windguru for the wind direction more than anything else - that straight line of eastern arrows (wind from the east) is a beautiful thing for diving!

Windy.com shows the end of May/start of June looking pretty rough. Seems to be my luck for late May trips.

A wind out of the east means it can be glass smooth on the island's western side where the diving is with the exception of a few of the very southern most dive sites.

Actually - that looks wonderful and normal!

NOt sure why you think it looks rough - don't assume because you see some red on there it's bad. Now if that red was from the north, NW, west or SW I'd be watching it, but that gives me no concern - waves on the east side should be great for surfers though!

We watch windguru for the wind direction more than anything else - that straight line of eastern arrows (wind from the east) is a beautiful thing for diving!
Excellent! Very glad I was reading the wind direction wrong.

Yep, the diving is good right now. And the jackass green turtle is still being a major pest.

This dude?
turtleclose.JPG

Back
Top Bottom