Maxdepth gauge ... 4 weeks and counting !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark_tamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ordered a metric Maxdepth gauge console with compass thru my LSD here in Montréal, Canada, 4 weeks ago.

The day I was at the LSD and ordered the console, the attendant checked with Oceanic in Calgary ( because LSD doesn't carry metric consoles ) and he was told about 3 weeks before delivery ... not available in Canada, have to order !!!

It's been exactly 30 days since and LDS still did not received the console.

I'm sure my LDS has nothing to do with this, and this is why I will not mention any name, but I am just wondering if I should expect diving with my new console when I travel to the Caribbean this coming February ??

Should I consider asking Oceanic to " Overnite it " and pay extra ??

I own VEO 180NX computer , FDX-10 DVT first stage, Delta 4 second stage, Alpha 8 octo .... just to let you know how hooked I am on Oceanic products !!!!

Thanks in advance.

Shark_tamer,

You're correct, the "fault" isn't with the LDS, nor the Oceanic Factory. Metric gauges aren't a stock item for the Canadian Warehouse. I've checked with the factory and the gauge is en route to the warehouse in Calgary.

We'll forward the gauge to your LDS as soon as it arrives at our warehouse. I'll let Mike know when that is done.

Cheers,

Kevin Kidd
Oceanic Canada

Asoka:
Shark_tamer,

We'll forward the gauge to your LDS as soon as it arrives at our warehouse. I'll let Mike know when that is done.

Cheers,

Kevin Kidd
Oceanic Canada

Thanks Kevin,

I guess there are not too many metric gauges sold in Canada ....You know exaclty wich LDS I am talking about !!!

I did not want to blame Oceanic either for this, I was only enquiring about the delay.

Cheekymonkey:
Good luck getting it man, it happens

Thanks Cheeky,

I was expecting a delay :
-The console was ordred on Dec 13th,
-Oceanic Canada " expects " 3 weeks to delivery.
-Xmas and new year holidays

Weeks add up fast ... And I was not expecting to go diving before April, but this week I got a deal for 2nd or 3rd week of Feb !!!!!

And while I'm at it, KUDO to my LDS, they lend me a rental FREE OF CHARGE for a pool practice

I know what you mean, theres nothing worse then waiting for a new toy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom