Mauritius vs Seychelles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vikram14

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I am planning a trip with family to Mauritius or Seychelles around mid October later this year; none of them really dive though my brother might be interested to learn but since I am in charge of planning, I get to decide! I am AOW with 50+ dives and wanted to know which of two are better for diving. I have heard that in Mauritius, it is better to dive Reunion or Rodrigues (though the latter seems far!). Similarly regarding Seychelles is Praslin better than Mahe or La Digue? Any recommendations for dive ops would be greatly appreciated! Lastly how bad is the coral bleaching? I dived recently in Thailand where there is coral bleaching though certain places like Richilieu Rock still have amazing coral and fish life so I guess it depends spot to spot.

Thanks,
Vik

I am going to Mauritius in 3 weeks. I was 2 years ago in Seyshelles. Just stick to Praslin, Mahe the main island is tourist trap and offers nothing better than Praslin. Praslin is much more clean and peaceful. Eating out is expensive, we ate mostly from food truck manned by young man and grandma. We stayed at Pirogue Lodge, 2nd floor had amazing sea view. Octopus Diving Center was our dive ops. Very relaxed and happy feeling, but still professional. Trip was success. You can use local bus to travel island, no need to rent or use taxi. I recommend going to jungle park centre of island and to one of the best beaches in world Anse Lazio.

We had a member from Mauritius who was posting regularly but haven't noticed him around lately.

Thanks Valyngar, keep us posted on your Mauritius trip. Would be great to compare the two destinations in terms of diving at the present! Was there significant coral bleaching in Seychelles?

Coral were ok, but nothing special. They weren't dead, but weren't as colourful as like in bonaire or curacao.

My diving has advanced, so Mauritius trip will be done with rebreather and mostly wreck but I will see some corals too probably.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom