Maui snorkeling conditions, early/mid November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Headed to Maui with my wife in early/mid November. She'll be in her early third trimester so this will be more of a snorkeling trip than a dive trip (though I'll try to get a few dives in).

Wondering if we're better off staying in South Maui or West Maui for snorkeling that time of year. Is either area more likely to be calm at that time of year?

Of course, the island's small and we can drive to wherever the conditions are good easily enough, but it would be nice to stay close to where our best bets will be for good snorkeling.

My wife's a confident snorkeler, but since she'll be quite pregnant by then, easy entries/exits will be key, as will avoiding long/steep hikes up and down from beaches, and we won't be doing any marathon swims.

Also curious what would be a good operator for a Molokini trip with a smoother ride (i.e. no rubber inflatables).

South Kīhei, for both easy shore entry and closest boat ride to Molokini.

South Kīhei, for both easy shore entry and closest boat ride to Molokini.

Agreed on both counts. If you're going to get a few dives in, both Ed Robinson's and Mike Severns are excellent operators.

There was a massive rain on Maui Saturday past. I went snorkeling in Honolua Bay Sunday past. The sheltered part was under advisory for bacteria laden runoff. The un-sheltered part, had heavy swells. But nice fish near the rocks. I would have liked having a helmet near the rocks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom