Maui in Late Sept - need an Op and any other suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to hijack this thread, but...

I'm thinking of a Maui trip for late Sept as well. My dive buddy and I have not been underwater in WAY too long. Our Komodo trip for last June is on perpetual hold. She texted me about going to COZ since MX is open - but looking over some reviews it seems it's not in great shape (hurricane damage and reef maintenance) Maybe Indo has spoiled me forever. I dove Coz maybe 12yrs ago, and Maui last prob 15yrs ago. Maui was my first trip after cert so of course it was great. But at $100/tank it's spendy. But I have a friend with a place there so lodging is covered. Makes it tempting. And MX diving seems to be somewhat spendy these days as well (tho maybe $100/2-tanks so 1/2 Maui).

Honestly unless total cost is majorly different I just want the best diving experience. Whatta ya'll think? Mid-sept. 2 very experienced divers. Primary purpose is diving (we usually do LoB's so we can dive dive dive). Also don't know what weather/hurricanes/etc would be like for Coz in Sept.

May May 2021, Coz last trip Nov 2019.

If I were to choose again, Coz hands down (altho in Sept you have hurricane season and insane heat/humidity). Reports I have read were that reefs are improving, given the lack of pressure

Maui will cost well over 2X Coz and you will get less (and inferior IMO) diving. Neither is Indo. We also have a place in Maui, but add all in it's way more than Coz, unless you are just going to shore dive Maui. I can dive Coz for 2 for a week for about $1200 (that was my 11/19 invoice) for about 6 ish days for two. In Maui that same sked is going to cost about $2700. Add rental car, add very expensive restaurants, it's well over 2X

Mala Pier was spectacular!!! did it twice, nice easy shore dive.

Maui Dreams was the best dive op!!! solid, organized, safe, great DMs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom