Maui in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougieG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I'm looking at booking a trip to Maui in February with my 17 year old daughter. How is the diving then? What thickness wetsuit will I need? What are good topside activities? Any information you could provide would be most appreciated!

DougieG

Before any of your questions make sure you understand the requirements to come to the islands. With current trends I. would not bet we will be out of our testing/quarantine requirements

All you need is a negative Covid test within a few days of arrival, right?

Headed to the big island on the 28th. Negative COVID test 72 hours prior to departure. No quarantine Alaska Air has set up rapid PCR testing. I’m looking forward to 5 weeks of shore diving (with HP steel tanks).

Suggest a 3 or 5 mm wetsuit. I’m 200 lb Canadian and used to cooler waters, and found 3 mm just fine, but a smaller person would likely prefer 5 mm. I dove Mala warf, & did a scooter diver a Kaheliki Beach Park with Steve Eedy. Gear is excellent & he’s an excellent guide/instructor.

check out my posting in this forum from April 2019

contact Scuba Steve
www.mauidiveconnection.com

regards
Mike D

In Feb expect water temps in the mid 70’s and suit up accordingly. Where you stay on the island will impact who you dive with and topside activities. Kaanapali and Kapalua on the left coast or south Maui. I prefer to stay on Kaanapali Beach but the diving is generally closer with shorter boat rides when staying in South Maui. Lots of great restaurants all over. Mama’s Fish House on the north and Fleetwood’s in Lahaina are two very good ones.

All you need is a negative Covid test within a few days of arrival, right?
Not all testing facilities are acceptable. Have to upload results to their system as well.
Travel Info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom