Maui countdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
The count down is on for me. I leave for Maui, Friday, June 22, atleast the first leg of the journey. I will actually fly out of Atlanta 6:15am EST on Saturday the 23rd. I am so ready. I am doing final dives here at home in the am to work on use of my computer. This will be my first dive at the lake here and the first since I did the OW cert dive 3 weeks ago. My ears are finally ready for the water again. I am going to be sure to follow my Dr.'s instructions and keep them clear. I hope to get in the water some Saturday evening to work with my weights in Maui since this will be my first salt water dives. Any suggestions out there for a good beach that my brother and I can go to on the west side of Maui. We will be staying at the Puamana Resort in Lahaina.

Seaangel

My wife and I will arrive in Kihei July 29. Be sure to let us know how your trip goes. Maui Dreams and B&B scuba look interesting.

Thanks

Jim-n-Kathy

Give Helen & I a call when you get to Maui. I'll be a bit busy till the 29th, because I am working to get my Captain's License and have class every night and study between work events. I'm in Wailuku town during the day, on the way from the airport to Lahaina.

Good beaches to experiment with dive stuff in West Maui during trade wind conditions include Airport Beach near Kaanapali and of course Honolua up north, which is easiest if you have a jeep so you can drive closer to the water (I assume the old road is still open). My friends run Camp Pecusa at Olowalu, which is a great place, but it's a bit shallow near shore and you have to swim out a ways through coral heads. Mala wharf near the boat ramp in Lahaina is also a possibility. The trick is being able to park near a place where there is no major surf break or wind chop, which changes daily. Early morning before the trades come up, almost anyplace is easy

Aloha,

Jonathan

Have a great time! You'll love Maui. And if you feel like doing something other then diving consider the Maui Downhill bike ride.
Or the 'Trilogy', my favorite catamaran in the whole world.
Be sure to write a trip report when you get back.
:sunny:

Maui Dreams Dive Co in Kihei is FABULOUS... tell Rachel, Tom, and Terri that Liz said "Hi!" I dove with them in February and May, and will be back there in August... anyone else in that neighborhood from August 8th - 15th?

Liz (Ladycute1)
theratech@home.com

Ladycute1

My wife and I along with the 2 boys will be in Maui July 29 through August 10. We will be staying in Kihei and are thinking about taking the advanced open water with Maui Dreams.

Jim & Kathy

Hi Jim and Kathy --

It looks like we will be in Maui for some of the same time... I will be diving with Maui Dreams.. so perhaps we'll meet! And, I did my advanced with them in May!!

Liz
Ladycute1
theratech@home.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom