Masks that fit small faced women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

auto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ms. Auto has had difficultly finding a mask that fits, even the smallest mens masks do not work. Anything anyone could recommend would be greatly appreciated.

I have a pretty narrow face, my go to is a atomic frameless medium. It even fits my 9yo. The other I have good luck with is an aqualung mission midi. There are aqualung mask that are even a little narrower. An aqualung dealer has a chart that lists masks in order of how narrow they are.

I have had very good luck with the Tusa masks. My current mask is the Tusa Elite

TUSA Freedom Elite Mask

I have a narrow face and it took me a while before I found one that fit properly without leaking. I love my Atomic Aquatics subframe mask. It offers a high field of vision and rarely leaks. As a back up I have an older Mares mask which also fits smaller faces. The Oceanic Ion mask claimed to fit smaller faces, but after one day of diving and dealing with multiple leaks, I wanted to feed it to a woodchipper.

Last edited:
The atomic frameless II has the part of the skirt closest to your face made of a material that is softer than the rest. For me, this let the mask come to close to my face and ride on the bridge of my nose.

I have found frameless masks from atomic and Scubapro to fit virtually any diver...from 10yo girls to sumo wrestlers. I keep replacing my masks with the exact same Scubapro frameless model...mostly because I don’t like change when it comes to dive gear. I’ve tried a myriad of masks over the years, but usually because I had a student who ended up with a mask that wasn’t great...and leaking...so I gave them mine to use for the rest of the day.

There are several masks with a “mini” version that might work. Oceanic (?) Shadow Mini is one.

My Tusa Visio was the smallest mask I ever found and fits my small face perfectly, but I don't think they make it anymore. It looks like Tusa has new ones that seem to be just as small though. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom