Masks for meatheads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright, a kindred spirit. I know your plight and here are a few suggestions that I have used with good results.
1. Scubapro Crystalview
Love the side windows for tracking students
2. Clear Vision Optics
High Quality, Low cost and can add prescription easily
3.US Divers Wraparound Mask
Big, bulky, heavy but if you don't fit in this you have paid yourself too many compliments.
A last ditch sure thing fit for us non-pinheaded people.

Good luck hope that these help!

Thank you very much! I live close enough to a national dive shop to give them a try. The current mask is the dive shop certification special. Not bad, but not great either. During the last dive trip, I became even more disenchanted with it for comfort and leak issues.

I'm not quite a meathead but most masks are too small for me. Lots of leaks. Having a 'stache doesn't help either.

The Oceanic Shadow mask (not the mini!) has a big silicone skirt, and that finally did the trick. It's light, low-volume, and comfy.

The best mask, of course, is the one that fits your face. It may take some time to find it...

Fellow Mellon head here, after 15 masks, 5 bought the rest borrowed, I found happiness in the Scubapro frameless. It's an older squarish design, but it's been around for many years for a reason.

Another brother fathead here (7-3/4 hat size) -- I'm guessing this thread will remain pretty much guys only -- I was in my LDS the other day and tried on Atomic's newest, their "Venom" mask. (Right now have two Atomic Sub-Frame masks that have both been fantastic for me.) This was the very first time I ever tried a mask and had concerns that it might be a little too big for even me. A beautiful piece of mask technology (with an equally large price to match). I'm now considering have my head expanded . . .

The Cressi Puima Crystal, it has Crystal silicone that will never yellow. Another one that is wide is the TUSA Powerview or the TUSA tri-ex

The Cressi Puima Crystal, it has Crystal silicone that will never yellow. Another one that is wide is the TUSA Powerview or the TUSA tri-ex

From the manufacturer: Exceptional resistance to ageing and yellowing over time...--- Does not mean "never"...Get your facts straight. Thats like saying your stainless steel knives will never rust in saltwater... LMFAO!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom