Masks for larger faces!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAdiver93

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a huge face but one problem is that I have a rather wide nose (6 times breaking it will do that to anyone, BTW this sounds like a psychiatrist session) - I started diving with one of those old school masks - one window, nose inside of it, small "pockets" on the bottom for equal...

Eventually, that mask went to hell, since then it seems that I've been changing masks every couple of months - nose pocket is not big enough (leaks and rubbing because of it)... Currently have a Mares X-vision - similar story (even though it's more comfortable than others that I had)...

Suggestions please? (please)

See that HUGE head in the profile shot. Cressi takes the prize! Prescription Bigeyes with a back-up horizon. Love em.

BIGSAGE136:
See that HUGE head in the profile shot. Cressi takes the prize! Prescription Bigeyes with a back-up horizon. Love em.

Yeah, but what about the nose pocket? (I did look at it - will check it out closer at the LDS)

I also have a difficult time with masks due to my wide face. I love the cressi big eyes but the nose pocket is small and may not work for you. Another mask you may want to take a look at is the Genesis Panview/Scubapro Clear Vu 2. They are the same mask just with different branding. I wouldn't be surprised if you find the same mask as part of another brand as well. This mask will also fit a wide face but has a bigger nose pocket. As with all masks, it's always a good idea to try it out if possible before you buy.

Scubapro Frameless. (Original...not the "Frameless 2") Works great for my melon. Truly the best mask I have ever used. I think you'll find a ton of people who would agree. The field of vision is un matched, at least in my experience and I've had 'em all.

-Chris

I'de suggest trying the Cressi Big Eyes or Tusa Visulator. Your shop should be able to fit you with a suitable mask and take your time and don't rush into a purchase.

ScubaSarus:
I'de suggest trying the Cressi Big Eyes or Tusa Visulator. Your shop should be able to fit you with a suitable mask and take your time and don't rush into a purchase.

Tried the Visulator - sorry, but the same problem with the nose pocket... How can I explain it better.... Since the nose is pushing the pocket, the seal is not steady (it's there, but during REGULAR breathing the mask moves up and down)...

Thanks for the other suggestions... Genesis Panview - looks like a good seal (around the nose - but have to see it in person, and Scubapro Frameless - WOW as close to the original as I'm used to!

1 is what I'm used to, and the other is Scubapro Mira (thought of scubapro frameless) - ANY THOUGHTS?

I agree with Cali 68 but one thats even a bit wider (not too sure whether the nose pocket is bigger though) is the Apollo Biomask. Looks almost identical to the SP frameless but the skirt measures just a tad wider, fits me better. Might be worth a try also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom