Masks for full cheeked faces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've been looking for a while, not finding what I'm looking for. My dad has very full cheeks, the kind that makes deep lines in the face. Pretty much every mask he has tried lets water in. If he pulls his face smooth under the mask, the mask stays water tight for a little bit, but starts leaking soon after. I'm guessing a mask with a skirt that goes lower than usual might be the answer.

Anyone with solutions?

You could try a frameless mask... I have one and it doesn't leave facemarks nor let in water under normal circumstances. I imagine it would be a little more forgiving than most on full cheeked faces.

However I don't fully recommend them - whenever your face changes shape underwater - like when you laugh or smile then it (well, at least mine) ships in water. So if you can bear not to smile, its fine. Could you ask your LDS to let your dad try on a few masks and see which one fits him best?

Oceanic Shadow Frameless Dive Mask - Swim Mask: at JoeDiverAmerica.com

I'll get him to try a frameless. Another suggestion I found on the net was a purging mask. The combination may be the answer.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom