Mask with built in diopta rating (spelling I know)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesD

Contributor
Reaction score
So after my mask breaking, I ordered a new Mares Zero 9 (since a few stores seemed to still have some) only to find out they are lying gits and don't really have one in stock (on back order they claim, yeah right, fat chance given that the manufacturer doesn't make them anymore).

So, while diving this weekend one of the people had a dive mask that looked almost like a fighter pilots head gear, that he told me had -4 diopta (think) built in, does anyone know anything about this? It sounded interesting as it would possibly be about right for my eyesight, and might be easier than having to get a new mask and then buy lenses again (for what, about $200 for the mask total with lenses).

I have a mask made by Sea Vision that has a +2 almost like a bifocal lens in it. It was getting to the point that my computer hose wasn't long enough for me to read my gages. This mask enables me to see just as if I had my glasses on. Another nifty thing about their masks is that the lens itself can be "tinted" to correct for color loss at depth and light enhancement... Got it at the Scuba show in Long beach last year and have enjoyed every dive with it since.

Greetings JamesD!

The million dollar question........

So was it the hydrooptix mask???

Let us know please ~ the thrill ,the suspense is way too much!

If not,i have a picture of another mask that may be it.

Cheers

I know of a store that has blue and yellow. If you would like pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

You're probably talking about this guy: http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Hydrooptix

We have one sitting by the pool, and anytime some wears glasses in the -3 to -4.5 range, we toss one on them to try and they go crazy. If you are 20-20 you have to wear contacts to screw up your eyes enough so this can correct it back, but if you fall in the range - they are awsome according to my customers. And by the time we kick in the ScubaBoard discount, they cost less than a conventional mask with prescription lenses!

Back
Top Bottom