Mask OEM? And a few other questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After getting tons of recommendations for Sea Vision Rx masks I intend to order one, but I have a few questions... Very glad to see there is a company rep on the board!

1. Who actually makes the masks? I hear the model 2000 is a Tusa Liberator, or at least fits like one. Can such comparisons be drawn for the 2100 and 2200? I ask because I want to try them on before I order.

(I know I can send in my own mask, but I need a new one, and if the ones you stock work for me, I may as well take the easy route.)

2. I see the lenses are made from CR-39 resin. Is glass available as an option? (My Rx is strong, about -4, and I know that would be thick... but I like the scratch resistance of glass.)

3. I was intending to use my health insurance flexible spending plan to reimburse me for the cost of the mask. It works for sunglasses, so why not? As far as I can tell, it SHOULD be legit. But I was curious if you had heard any pro/con stories from customers.

Many thanks.

Hi Matt

Were very happy to be on the board as well!

1. We have a company with a factory in CA. that molds our mask parts and we assemble them here in St.Pete FL. Yes the 2000 is very much like a Liberator style mask. the 2100 is very close to a deep sea clarity and the 2200 is very close to a seadive sealynx.

2.CR 39 is a very tuff material just dont scrub it with toothpaste etc. also no need to. we do offer a glass lens in a bonded on lense only, pricing is all according to your rx info. you can see our masks at SeaVision USA - Prescription Scuba Diving Masks - Snorkeling Masks very easy and fun site you can build your mask and see what it will look like.

3. All i can tell you about flex accounts is that customers have used them in the past but please check with your company. Hope these answers have helped, and our voice line is 800-732-6275

Thanks for the interest in SeaVision masks and lenses.

John

Back
Top Bottom