Mask leaks only on 2nd dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dberry

Hydrophilic
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been using the low volume Hog Razorbak Frameless Mask for a few years and for the most part it's been my favorite. The problem: I can't recall anytime it's leaked on the first dive of the day, but about half the time I get a slow leak on the 2nd dive.

I don't think it's the mask's fault, but I swear I put it on the same way for every dive. I do have a mustache and that may contribute, but again, there's no issue on the first dive.

I wonder if the mask indentations on my face from the first dive screw up the seal on the 2nd (and 3rd) dives?

It's not a huge deal - it doesn't leak all the time, and I can live with a little water in the mask before I have to clear it. Just curious...
-Don

Loosen it just a bit...allow the water pressure to do its job.

It could be that I wear it too tight to avoid leaks from my mustache. I'll try loosening it and see what happens.

If it leaks, this must be your forehead or temples. I put some silicone grease there sometimes to avoid that.

I can't recall anytime it's leaked on the first dive of the day, but about half the time I get a slow leak on the 2nd dive.

I wonder if the mask indentations on my face from the first dive screw up the seal on the 2nd (and 3rd) dives?

Nah, you're just smiling a little more with each dive, so the mask isn't sealing as well.

Back
Top Bottom