Mask Head up Display-Finally!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonka97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The new PADI Sport Diver magazine has review of Oceanic's Head Up Display integrated computer/mask.

Looks like da bomb.

No dangling gauges, computers; just look to the lower right of mask and see display of nitrogen loading, air remaining, depth, temp, and so on.

Price is about 1400.00

It's about time!
:coffee:

It also weighs a ton, is huge, and is about 3x the cost of a computer and SPG. And your buddy can't see it.

Hope you don't lose it rolling off the boat. :)

It sounds like a good idea and is nifty from a technological perspective, but it creates new problems and solves none.

tonka97:
The new PADI Sport Diver magazine has review of Oceanic's Head Up Display integrated computer/mask.

Looks like da bomb.

No dangling gauges, computers; just look to the lower right of mask and see display of nitrogen loading, air remaining, depth, temp, and so on.

Price is about 1400.00

It's about time!
:coffee:

I haven't tried one in the water, but I tried one on at Sea Rovers and agree with Soggy... even if the price was competitive I don't think I'd want one. It seemed quite heavy, questionably durable, was definately a distraction, and significantly reduced the available viewing area in the mask.

Not only do I not think I'll buy one, but I'm not even particularly interested in wearing it for a test dive. Well... maybe once in a pool or something, just to see if my initial impressions are on target.

It does have a pretty high "cool factor", even if it seems like it would cause more problems than it would solve. It's a neat toy, but I think I'd leave it at home for challenging dives.

Hmmm...

Mask fogs, you can't see your information. Lose mask, lose instrumentation. No prescription lenses...

Not for me, but I'm sure they'll sell a ton of them.

there is no way in hell id buy one of these, i agree with soggy, great technology, but and a great concept just not practical, has the potential to create more problems,

Not to hijack the thread, but wouldn't a vocal interface be a good logical step versus heads up display? You know, some bluetooth technology that can give you voice information from your gauges, so for low/no viz situations you could still get readings? Just a thought.

I didn't think it was that heavy...I didn't like the one eye visual though. I'll get to play with one the end of April so I'll let you know more...

BTW if the mask fogs you still see the numbers, since they're on the inside...

I never put any anti-fog on the outside of my mask. Only the inside. Hmmm...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom