Martin's Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did Martin's Cove on the Sunshine Coast yesterday with my longtime buddy Vince. Fairly easy access trail, compared to Ansell Pt, and a short snorkel. Really bad vis for the top 20 feet but then opened up to around 15-20 feet. Very good dive on a nicely tiered wall. Lots of sponges and smaller rockfish and the wall is almost covered with feather stars at 80 feet. Plenty of discarded crab shells but no other signs of what ate them. We saw a few giant nudibranchs on the flat sandy area on our way back in and many burrowing anenomies, some of which were surrounded by what appeared too be egg clusters. I'm not sure if they would be produceing them or consumeing them. Anyone know for sure?

Pender Harbour area off of Francis Peninsula Road.

Sounds like I missed out on a great dive...crossing my fingers that my new suit is shipped quickly so I can get back in the water...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom