Martin Edge - The Underwater Photographer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
Just about anyone who has gotten into underwater photography will have read one or more editions of Martin's "The Underwater Photographer" as they were pretty much the complete bible on the subject, and many of us were lucky enough to have received hands-on tuition from Martin in the Red Sea and elsewhere. I have been luck enough to have known Martin for over 30 years, and I was deeply saddened to learn that he passed away on Monday in the U.K. - condolences to his Sylvia who used to help him on the courses and model for his photos, and his family.

A legend in the underwater photography world who shared many tips and encouragement over the years.

RIP.......

RIP
Great books

I have read his book. A great piece of advice he gave was you see some thing really great. But it is really hard to get at with your rig. It is to know when “the shot is not there”. Take a good look for the fun and leave it undisturbed. That advice has saved me quite a bit of frustratiin.

Very sad -- was just looking through a copy of The Underwater Photographer the other day; bought it at a bookstore at SFO, while waiting for a flight -- and couldn't believe that I had had that book for twenty-five years.

My condolences to his family and friends . . .

Very sad news. I was hoping to meet him and take a course with him someday. I bought his book many years ago and then bought the latest edition a year ago, excellent books. The book to have for UW photography.

Back
Top Bottom