Markings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
Anyone tell me what these markings mean:

M8303 FABER ITALY 07 88+ SCUBAPRO DOT-3AA 2400-88/9014/146

Thanks-
I'm not sure exactly what you want to know about them.
But basiclly you have a cylinder made by Faber in Italy.
In the month of July of 1988.
It was made for scubapro.
The Department of Transportation has determined.
It is a steel tank.
It has a pressure rating of 2400 psi (+10% overfill allowable)
Then the rest I believe is the individual serial # of the cylinder.
Hope this helps,
Milo

Tanks, steels especially, do not routinely have the capacity stamped on them. Easiest way is to figure it is to measure the tank, and find a good tank spec chart (like the one at TDL) and use the dimensions to figure out which you got.

My .02

Vintage 1988 - full size tank?

If it's anything but a 72 I'd be surprised.

sjspeck:
My .02

Vintage 1988 - full size tank?

If it's anything but a 72 I'd be surprised.

I would have to agree!!

Ya I don't want a 72, I'm hoping for a 95, I've asked for some measurements. I had some "vintage" 72's alot older than 1988, wish I still had em' they would have made a sweet little set of doubles. He says it's a little shorter and fatter than an 80, my 72's were maybe a little taller and same or smaller width IIRC.

A 2400 psi SP-marked Farber is not going to be a 72. Probably a 95, but there was an oddball 76 too. How wide is it? If it's wider than an 80, 8" to be exact, then it's a 95.

If it's a little shorter and a little wider than an AL80, it's got to be around an LP95. I've had steel 72s for years and they are slimmer and taller as compared to my newer HP100s when placed side by side. Of course, I'm just guessing. Good luck finding the real answer.....does Faber have a website??

LobstaMan

PS Currently, Faber 72s are 6.75" in diameter, the odd sized 78(in reality an 80 w/ the overfill) is 7.25" and the 95 is 8" even.

If you are going to trade, you are going have to have a visual done you are not? I mean who in their right mind would trade for a 15+ year old cylinder without first getting at least a visual. :D

In that case, pop the valve and fill the sucker up with water and get the internal volume. From there you can figure out the air volume. Beats guessing.

And if you are worried about the water in your cylinder and not being able to properly dry it, take it down to your local hyrdo facility as they can do that for you.

As for the over fill - remember the over fill is only good if it was done for the most recent hydro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom