Market on Ambergris?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I assumne there is one... Can someone give me some directions from Ramons to the market? We will be needing some snacks and Room Beer!

be there in 45 days! Snowing like crazy here today - really want to go now.

Hey Sandy

Do you mean Super Market ?? or outdoor market ?? if Super Market you have a big one right outside of Ramons on the road that runs a the back of the resort, to add to convinience right across the street is the Beliken Beer supply depot so you can do your shopping then hop across the street and order your beer by the case and any sodas or water you need all at wholesale costs (except the supermarket which is expensive)

May I suggest bringing snacks with you it will be a helluva lot cheaper to pack some snacks like mixed nuts and whatever snack food you like as imported snacks can be very expensive on the island.

SNOW Brrrrrr sounds cold :cool2:

Gaz Cooper

Awsome! Many thanks Gaz!

Understand that "Super" market is a relative term. The "super" markets here are about the size of a 1960 Kroger store in the US. And as Gaz mentioned, the imported items are pretty expensive, especially in San Pedro.

More looking for beers, snacks we can bring some, buy some. We like to have a lite lunch and an early dinner - so just having the option to pick up a couple things for the room and room beers and all is good!

Hank is right us islanders forget that while we have supermarkets they are really small in comparison to the US ones and do not offer anywhere near the choices, but I remember when there was none on the island so now it seems we have lots but still miniscule compared to the ones found in the USA.

Based on your requirements it should be fine and if you hit Walmart before you come for some snacks to bring with you, you will be all set.

Gaz

Marina's and Super Buy south are 2 good shopping options that are a bit south of Ramons. They are walkable distance 15 min or so but if you have beers you would want to cart or cab back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom