Marissa Lasso-Instructor North Florida & Dive Outpost Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The_Aviator_1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I decided almost last minute to attempt to find a cavern/intro to cave course in North Florida. I stumbled upon Marissa Lasso and she agreed to run the course for me on the days I was available with about a week and a half notice. She was phenomenal! Prior to the course, she went above and beyond in communicating what was required of me, the standards and the equipment I would need. She was always very prompt in her replies and extremely professional. Upon my arrival some of my gear decided it didn't want to function as it should, and she made arrangements to ensure I had the gear I needed. During each session, she would always present the standards and the skills that were required and would spend as much time as I needed going over each one until I was comfortable. At no point did I feel uncomfortable or as if I was being pushed to do something I wasn't prepared to do. Her teaching style is very laid back, but at the same time extremely through, making certain I fully grasped each concept before moving on. All of this was in addition to the fact that she made the class enjoyable the entire time (except the cold water trickling into my wetsuit, I don't think anything can make those few moments fun!). If you need a course from open water to tech, I would highly recommend you give her a call and see what she can do for you!

Cathy and Dive Outpost were also instrumental to making my course exceptional! I was first greeted by the canine welcoming committee. The happiest bunch of dogs you'll ever meet. She has such a great selection of dive gear, and she is extremely knowledgeable on all of it. She is so pleasant and outgoing, she makes the whole store relaxing and a nice place to be!

In short, you can't go wrong with using Marissa or Cathy for your diving needs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom