Marine Park Conservation Passport - Can Anyone Give Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My dive op gave me this link. Has anyone ever used it.

Cozumel Marine Park Passport - Cozumel 4 You

Marine Park Conservation Passport: This is a cut and paste from I think Cozumel 4 you.

But if you visit the National Marine Park more than 10 days / year… this is DEFINITIVELY of your interest!

The CONANP not only offers the marine park bracelets… but also a CONSERVATION PASSPORT.

This is actually a card (easy to stack in your wallet) and basically pays itself off after 10+ visits to the National Marine Park.
The CONSERVATION PASSPORT was officially released in 2006, but for some “mystery reason” no one knows about it.

To get the passport is quite simple.
1.- Have a valid photo I.D. with you.
2.- Ask your friendly operator (dive / snorkel / etc) to process your passport with the Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Cozumel y APFF Isla Cozumel. (Please be patient since they will probably need to round up all the information).
3.- Pay your fees.

I posted on Mexico forum but no response so decided to post here since I do my diving in Cozumel. I'm less than 3 weeks away for my annual 17 days of diving.

My dive op gave me this link. Has anyone ever used it.

Cozumel Marine Park Passport - Cozumel 4 You

Marine Park Conservation Passport: This is a cut and paste from I think Cozumel 4 you.

But if you visit the National Marine Park more than 10 days / year… this is DEFINITIVELY of your interest!

The CONANP not only offers the marine park bracelets… but also a CONSERVATION PASSPORT.

This is actually a card (easy to stack in your wallet) and basically pays itself off after 10+ visits to the National Marine Park.
The CONSERVATION PASSPORT was officially released in 2006, but for some “mystery reason” no one knows about it.

To get the passport is quite simple.
1.- Have a valid photo I.D. with you.
2.- Ask your friendly operator (dive / snorkel / etc) to process your passport with the Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Cozumel y APFF Isla Cozumel. (Please be patient since they will probably need to round up all the information).
3.- Pay your fees.

This has been posted/asked a few times here. It seems it never works. They never have the appropriate bracelets/aren't doing it/etc. etc.

I've seen one person with it - I'll try and ask him how he acquired this rare beast

Thanks Chuck P, any information is appreciated.

I am at the marine park office now waiting for the lady that understands the computer- fingers crossed with my broken Spanish - she just pulled up!!!!

Of course - there’s an app for it, whoda thunk that

Passaporte de la preservacion in the App Store

The young lady at the marine park office is a gem, she’s knows more English than I know Spanish and she’s apologizing - couldn’t thank her enough.

It wouldn’t connect and allow me to pay but I’ll try it at home with WiFi, you’re able to buy multiple passes for family members, you need a picture

If you get it on line please let us know. I leave in 10 days for Cozumel and plan on 17 days of diving.

It appears to work as in it took my money, my login works and I can see my passport. It is a little confusing as it seems you have to log back in to see your passport - log back in like you are buying one.

Back
Top Bottom