Marine life and Courtesy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack R

Reaction score
Here are couple of things that really bug me. Now this is just my opinion.

Your photograph is never as important as the life of the critter you are shooting.

I see people stand on the reef to maintian balance. How many critters just died because of that.

I see people for example picking up flat worms and moving them to take a picture but they break apart on the trip to the new spot. I am not saying dont move it but at least know what you are doing.

Dont stress the marine life it is very dangerous for them.

The opposite is also true. Be safe, there is a lot of marine life that is dangerous to us, lion fish, scorpian fish, fire coral, coralamorphs etc. Know what may hurt you. I am sure it is no fun being stung or poisoned for the sake of a photograph.

Have common courtesy to others while diving. Just because we have cameras doesn't give us the "right of way" on the reef. Other people are there to enjoy it as well but they enjoy it in a different way that we do.

If you are a proffesional underwater photographer this goes for you to. If the shot is more important than having fun, you shouldn't be diving with non photographers. Or if they are non photographers then they should be spotters and helpers for you and know to always yield the right of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom