Marine Goop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepster0000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used that marine goop. That is the name of the product. It is a water proof glue that remains flexible and works on neoprene, water proof cloth, masks, hoses, and all sorts. I just bought some to use on my drysuit cuff that I ripped a small hole in it. I cut an old latex wrist seal into a patch and used marine goop to hold it together. It looks pretty solid, though I wander how long it is going to last. Any coments on the stuff?
ADAM

I've never used Marine Goop on a drysuit, but I've used it plenty on homemade reef tanks and they hold up beautifully! I have, however, used Aquaseal on my wetsuit and they seem to work very well.

HTH
Paul

The Goops are made by the same outfit that makes E6000, the formulations are pretty similar.
It's pretty decent stuff for a 1 part system when used in the proper application.
With your cuff, the durability will depend largely on the surface prep you put into it, a thorough cleaning with toluene & mayne some scuffing with 60 grit sandpaper would keep it grabbing nicely.
It does not have the same stretch coefficient as the latex but that shouldn't hurt too much.
However, it would be entirely inappropriate to use on a neoprene suit in areas that were subjected to stretching; failure of the material right next to the glue joint happens very quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom