Marine Conservation Madagascar Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

I'm planning to go to Madagascar for 6-8 weeks in September. I want to join a marine conservation expedition while I'm there, and I've been deeply torn between Reef Doctor and Blueventures. I'm in my mid twenties and traveling by myself, so a good group atmosphere is important to me, but mostly I want to be a part of a fairly rigorous program where I'll learn a lot and actually be able to make a difference. I'm afraid of accidentally signing up for a "summer camp"-esque program that's not really about the work at all. Anyone have experience with either of these programs and can offer some insight into the differences?

Sorry no experience volunteering but am trying to find the really nice guy who runs the whale programs who opened up another friends shop so we could dive in cyclone season and noticed this also

Join us in the field

I found the couple who own Nosy Sakatia lodge very very helpful so perhaps drop them an email stating your concerns and exactly what you want to do and I'm sure they will give you some no BS advice :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom