mares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you really want to know opinions, or are you looking for people to tell you that the purchase was a good one??? :)

If you've already bought it, isn't it too late to be soliticiting opinions?

Boogie, you're right, but you know as well as I do, someone will jump at the chance.

The V16 uses a spherical core seat so it is vastly superior to the MR12 1st stage. And the proton is a popular choice for people who want a small second stage. So I'd tell you, if the reg has the features you want... it's an excellent choice - and probably one of the best regs for an under $200 price range reg.

oscar_2424,

I have been using the V16 for a while now and it's a very good reg. Easy breather in any position and no knobs to fool with. It has never free flowed on me even in the currents of Cozumel.

I have dove with the Apeks, Scubapro, Sherwood regs and the V16 is every bit as good. I actually think the V16 breathes easier (IMHO). I agree with Larry (ScubaToys), for the price, you cannot go wrong.

My favorite reg is the Poseidon, but that's another story. Good luck with you new reg and enjoy.

Dive Smart;Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom