mares x3 v. quattro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
anyone used both the x3 and the quattro? tell me how they compare?
Thanks

The Quattro is much stiffer compared to X3.

wunat:
The Quattro is much stiffer compared to X3.

Is there a big difference between the old Mares Advanti Quattro and the new Quattro Exel ? I plan on getting one of them. Any advice you can give will be helpful. Thanks:D

phhappy:
Is there a big difference between the old Mares Advanti Quattro and the new Quattro Exel ? I plan on getting one of them. Any advice you can give will be helpful. Thanks:D

I never tried the new Quattro Excel so I can't say much about it. Nor anyone I know that are using the Quattro have switched to them. But I get good feedbacks from those who are using the new Quattro Excel.

Parrothead_Diver:
The Excels have a Stainless Steel insert that runs down the middle of the fin. This is supposed to improve performance over the regular Quattros.

Oh... And they are almost twice as expensive. :D

Thanks so much for the additional information. :)

wunat:
I never tried the new Quattro Excel so I can't say much about it. Nor anyone I know that are using the Quattro have switched to them. But I get good feedbacks from those who are using the new Quattro Excel.

Thanks. I guess I will give the new Quattro Excel a try. Hopefully it is better than the old model.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom