MAres X-vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vf84pc

Reaction score
Dove the first time with the Mares x-vision mask in Mabul island Malaysia 18 Meter lots of light the mask with a clear skirt was fine. I ordered form LP and got a great discount price! This mask replaces my old US divers mask, it is much more comfortable to wear on a long dive. I did notice a slight amount of seepage I believe it is because the skirt is a very soft material 50 minute dive no major leaking. Don't forget to scrub the lens with toothpaste or it will fog up. I learned this the hard way, Good mask worth the money.

Dove the first time with the Mares x-vision mask in Mabul island Malaysia 18 Meter lots of light the mask with a clear skirt was fine. I ordered form LP and got a great discount price! This mask replaces my old US divers mask, it is much more comfortable to wear on a long dive. I did notice a slight amount of seepage I believe it is because the skirt is a very soft material 50 minute dive no major leaking. Don't forget to scrub the lens with toothpaste or it will fog up. I learned this the hard way, Good mask worth the money.

I to have an x vision i to got from lp,leaks.
So i went to dive shop and got a scubapro frameless.
Dive shop guy says if it leaks he will exchange it for something else.
i liked the view of the x vision to bad it dont fit.
some masks fit some dont.
I think x vision would fit small faces better than big ones ,like mine.

I've been using the X-Vision for a couple of months and have also noticed occasional seepage. For me it has seemed to be limited to around the nose and may have more to do with how the mask sits around my mustache than a flaw in the mask itself. I've found it to be extremely comfortable overall though.

I bought the X-Vision liquid skin a few months back. It felt great in the shop, nice seal etc. Once in the water it leaked arounf the lower skirt. It went on Ebay after one dive. I now use the new Scubapro Scout. Very low volume, my wife gave it to me for Christmas, I was going to return it just because it was so small, but it fit amazingly so I dove it and have used it ever since. The field of vision is really good due to how close the lenses are to your face.

had an x-vision and it ended up somewhere on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. tried 3 other masks in 2 months and went back to the x vision. If I keep my mustache shaved away from my nose it seals great. I have never found a mask that seals when I wear a full mustache.

mine works great, Masks are all about fit and comfort, If it fits then great use it, if it doesn't well... find a different one. I have recently started wearing my Mares Demon and I like it alot as well. Its a little higher volume but very comfortable and better all around vision.

had an x-vision and it ended up somewhere on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. tried 3 other masks in 2 months and went back to the x vision. If I keep my mustache shaved away from my nose it seals great. I have never found a mask that seals when I wear a full mustache.

My LDS Guy has a full mustache and he uses a Scubapro frameless, no leaks

Back
Top Bottom