Mares Volo's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aegir

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone used the volos im due for some new fins but i cant decide between the volos and the mares quattro's. I know the only way to really tell is to try them.....however i wont be able to do that so thats why i am asking you guys first. Looking forward to hearing your opinions :)

....a couple of the dive shops I got to carries them. They've all told me that the fins are great up until about 40 dives, then the 'hinge' cracks and breaks. I've also heard this from divers who have bought them. You might want to look into that before you buy any.

Until I tried my Bio fins, I didn't think there was any fin that would replace my Mares Quattros. If you aren't in the market for split fins, I know the Quattros won't let ya down.

I've got the Quattro's also and think they're great. Never tried the Volo's, sorry.

Hi

I had a pair of Q's for 10 years and thought that they were fantastic. I then tried a pair of Vollo's and swapped immediately. I love the Q's and have to admit that I still use them on occasions, but the Vollo's are another breed altogether.
I haven't tried them in really rough sea's, but I have used them in strong currents and find them effortless.
give them a try if you can, they are well worth it.
regards
Hocky

Hi,

I'm a New Zealand diver, new to the board.

I've been diving with a set of Mares for a few months now. I dive with some pretty senior divers in one of NZ harshest environments. I can keep up with the big boys now. Some of the other divers have tried my fins and they like them too. They just don't like the price ( $350NZD ie $700USD ).

I used to drive a pair of Mare Planna Avanit?

hope this helps.

_______
divekiwi

Aegir,
I've got the Quatro's. My son has the Volo's. We both like what we have. We haven't had a chance to swap fins for a dive yet so I can't make a comparison.
Tavi

Ok Tavi, I would be interested in you and your sons opinions. I just bought the volos after waiting 4 weeks for a back order. However, i havnt had the chance to use them yet :(

Aegir,
I love my Quatros. When I was trying to decide between them and the Volos, I thought I might use less air with the easier kicking volos. I was told the difference wouldn't be noticable, Also the Quatros should be better for short busts of speed ( to get to another diver quickly if neccesary ), Also The volos would not be practical with some kicks ( such as inside a wreck ) I don't have any wreck training yet but I was looking ahead.
My son Likes his volos, but hasn't had them in open water yet,( hes just pool training so far ) We'll be diving off of Grand Bahama in a couple of weeks and should get the chance to swap fins and check each others out.
I'll get back to you and let you know.

Tavi

For what it's worth...

I know many divers who swear by (rather than at) their Avantis. I used to have both the pool style and strap until some joker decided to pack the strap fins in his bag instead of mine. (I am now the not-so-proud owner of a pair of manky Cressi Frogs) I loved the Avantis and let's face it, they are a long standing design which many, many divers use all around the world. I for one am very dubious about radical fins and remember well the ribbing one guy got throughout a trip for wearing flourescent yellow Force fins.
Still, he swore they were the best (he would though, wouldn't he?)

Back
Top Bottom