Mares Volo Power fins sold out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LDesp

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I live in Hong Kong and recently got my OW certification. I have started to purchase gear slowly and today went shopping for a pair of fins.
I decided to get the Mares Volo Power fins after reading allot of positive feedback on them. I went to 5 different local stores here in Hong Kong
and none of the stores had the Mares Volo Power in stock. They did say they could be ordered but I am a bit curious why none of the stores would have them
in stock. I do not speak Chinese fluently so I was not capable of asking the shop keepers why they did not have them in stock. Is this because they are very popular fins
or perhaps because they are older model fins? Have the Volo Power fins been replaced with a newer fin?

Thanks for any responses and comments.

LDesp

If you don't get any joy here re post in the Mares forum under Manufacturers forum, a rep may be able to provide an answer. Good luck.

Scuba fins are all pretty bad. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on getting a Volo over a Planna or whatever. If you really want good fins, you need to look at what the freedivers use. Truth is, most divers don't care about having good fins. Most probably wouldn't know how to recognize a good fin of they saw it.

FYI: DiveR makes about the best bi-fins I've seen. They have really good quality fiberglass (better than the carbon fiber in my opinion).

If you don't get any joy here re post in the Mares forum under Manufacturers forum, a rep may be able to provide an answer. Good luck.

Ok thanks for the tip I will post in the Mares forum.

Scuba fins are all pretty bad. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on getting a Volo over a Planna or whatever. If you really want good fins, you need to look at what the freedivers use. Truth is, most divers don't care about having good fins. Most probably wouldn't know how to recognize a good fin of they saw it.

FYI: DiveR makes about the best bi-fins I've seen. They have really good quality fiberglass (better than the carbon fiber in my opinion).

Bold statement.

Are you interested in an used pair of Mares Volo Power? I am heading over to Hong Kong this Friday and will most likely be staying there until mid November. I can sell you mine for $800 HKD.

If you wanted a more economic option, I also have pair of used Cressi for $500 HKD. I also got two primary lights for sale for $300 each or $500 for both.

(Reading your other posts) Oh, you found a pair already. Great!

Last edited:
Are you interested in an used pair of Mares Volo Power? I am heading over to Hong Kong this Friday and will most likely be staying there until mid November. I can sell you mine for $800 HKD.

If you wanted a more economic option, I also have pair of used Cressi for $500 HKD. I also got two primary lights for sale for $300 each or $500 for both.

(Reading your other posts) Oh, you found a pair already. Great!

Thank you for the offer I have already purchased a pair. Enjoy your trip to HK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom